Shooting stock footage in Galapagos

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hi all,

I’m off to the Galapagos in June. I went there 22 years ago when I was 12 years old and it was unbelievable. The animals are all unafraid of humans so you can get within touching distance of them. It would be the most amazing place to get stock footage that I could sell. I see SD clips of animals shot there (sealions, iguanas, finches, frigates, etc etc) selling for US$199 on stock footage sites, so I figure I can take some time out to get some footage. Problem is that the regular tours are tightly controlled (time of stay on each island, close supervision etc). Does anyone have any experience of shooting there? Does anyone know what sort of footage (types of animals etc) sells the best?

Any thoughts on this would be massively appreciated!!

Chris

I shoot with Sony Z5’s so I will take one of those along.

Participant

Chris,

Rather than tell you what I believe would sell, I recommend you simply shoot as much as you can. Most of it will probably be unusable (for personal or professional), but you may get some amazing, once-in-a-lifetime shots. You can’t really predict what you’ll come across. That said – take plenty of charged batteries and blank media. Good luck!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/DesignCBTs?feature=mhum

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap