Shooting lanscapes–help

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I’m 16 and very new to videography, but not to photography. Since I have a very deep background in photography I know all of the rules of composition but I have 3 questions. What rules are different? What techniques beside panning in zoom in on feature or zoom out from feature do you use? How can video and photography coexsist on the same trip

Participant

I preferr not to do alot of panning and zooming with my video camera if I can avoid it…. my equipment and tripods are too light to get the best results..

I do like to use my dslr and with landscapes ‘stitched” panoramas and then use “Ken Burns” styled pans and zooms on the still images… I get much better results that way…

as a general rule, I use whichever medium tells the story best… a video clip of a stationary object is kinda boring… but for example, placing a still image (even if it is panned or zoomed in post) over a video clip can help the video clip… for me having my photographer assistant walk into my video during a wedding ceremony is not a problem… She walks in, grabs a nice shot and walks out…now I have her still image she took and guess where that gets used? right.. I cut in on the section of video where she enters and paste a still or a video pan of the still she shot right there, to cut her intrusion into the video out, and replace it with a detail illustrating image she shot. it is a nice way to cut out or transition camera movements and scene changes…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap