Shooting Daylight Car interior

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello; i’m shooting a car interior, front two seats with two subjects during the day and wanted to know what kind of light would suffice. Obviously, there’s the sun but this isn’t enough as it constantly moves throughout the day and of course, the car interior provides a lot of shadows.

As we’re going to be out in the field would certain battery powered LED’s or flourescents be powerful enough during the day to add some consistent illumination to the face?

Also, I was thinking of purchasing the Black and Decker Electromate 400 amp for power… would this be enough power to (if I had to) use one lowel light (preferably the Omni Light, 120v / 500 watts)?

thanks for your time!

Participant

battery-powered LEDS are yer buddy, man. Leave the generator at home.

Andrew,

Battery powered LED’s or Handheld Florescent lamps are your best bet. Just make sure they are balanced for daylight. You can get battery powered handheld flourescent lamps at your local hardware store, Home Depot, Lowe’s or Wal-Mart in the lighting department for really cheap. Make sure when you buy bulbs for them (which you will have to do) that they are marked ‘Daylight’. These will have a harsh white-blue light and are completely distinguishable from regular yellow-reddish tungsten (indoor) lights.

If you don’t buy dedicated led lights like Litepanels or similar products, you can get away with LED flashlights if they have that harsh white-blue light I mentioned. Whatever you get, you’ll also need some diffusion material to tone down and spread out the lights to make a more natural look inside the vehicle.

Grinner’s also right about leaving the ‘Generator home’. If you’re shooting out in the field, those battery powered lights in sufficient number will get your through your shoot (just make sure you get enough AA’s!) If you’re going to go through all of the trouble to put an Omni inside the car, you might as well do the shoot indoors and put up a greenscreen background and use available AC power.

Participant

From what I’ve heard about LEDs, I’m certainly waiting for them to hit the market. Battery-powered, or even a camera mounted LED light will work with a creative setup of diffusion material.

Participant

waiting?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap