Shooting commercials

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

X-D Has anyone ever shot a commercial for a business. I would like to know if it’s difficult and what type of equipment may be necessary. Any info appreciated!!!!

Participant

Thanks T-kelly! So when you say start out small which i would rather do first before I jumped into to rapids, you mean possibly start with small businesses. this is something very new to me. I thought it might be something good to do. I know it’s alot of work though. What would you recommend i do to try and get some experience. Thanks again πŸ˜€

Participant

I’ve shot tons of commercials. It all depends on what you want to get involved with as to if it’s difficult or not and what equipment to use. I’ve shot spots ranging from 1 hour shoots, to 5 day shoots. I’ve used my GL2 and DVX100a up to renting a DVCAM. It all depends they can be as difficult or as easy as you make it. If it’s your first time I wouldn’t jump into a huge account, you kind of need to start small or at least have an experienced producer by your side helping. Otherwise you might bite off more than you can chew and word about unproffesionalism gets out fast. Good luck in what you decide.

Participant

Your going to need more than equipment. Equipment does not get you jobs, rather prior work does. Try creating some spots for fun and learn how to do it. Maybe you have a relative who has a store or product that will let you make a free commercial. From some of these spots you can make a reel and try to sell yourself. I work on spots that cost from $500 to $500,000 and it’s the spots I’ve done before that allow me to sell my services.

Participant

So Walter, After you shoot the commercial, where do you go from there? How do you get it to the airways? Is that the job of the client or do you find station or airway for the client?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camera stabilizers for video β€” 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap