shooting a wedding video

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

my uncle is getting married next month. he asked another uncle and myself to film the wedding. we are extremely limited in equipment. I have a Panasonic PV-GS39 and a tripod. Also some basic halogen worklights. My uncle has a Digital8 camcorder. How can we make the best of this situation?

Participant

Use Panasonic as a main camera, the Hi8 as a back up. Most likely you won’t be able to use lights in the church, and those worklights are extremely bright, so keep them for speeches.

Think ahead of tapes and batteries. Make sure, you have enough of both.

Check my Shoot-It-Yourself Wedding Video Guide at http://www.faqvideo.com.

Participant

Well, I had a blast filming it. My uncle wanted to do his separately, so I used my footage. I use Premiere Pro 1.5’s very useful wedding templates, did a few montages of choice video at the reception, and ended it with the song "Time of Your Life" by Greenday. In my opinion, a very easy and simple video, yet the couple loved it. Even made the bride cry.

Now, at my church, there is a person who did the weekly video of masses. Last fall, he handed the job over to me. Now, he has gotten back in touch with me and has hired me to help with 2 wedding videos this summer. What are some things I should be thinking about/considering for these shoots?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap