Shooting a dark scene for football

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hello, I would like to shoot a dark scene of a football player puting on pads akin to puting on armor for battle. I want to make the room look dark and industrial with minimal lighting on the player, just highlighting different parts of the process of putting on pads and such. I plan to have dramatic music build up while he is doing this and crescendo when he puts on his helmet. BTW the subject is 9 years old and this is pop warner football. I will be using my old sony DCR-TRV103 which I can adjust exposure and manually set focus. I do not know exactly how I should light this. I was given some advice to use powder or incense smoke to give depth and to use a box with rectangle cutouts in front of a flood light aimed directly at my subject.

Does anyone have any good ideas as well? I hope I decribed my vision of this project well enough. Thanks in advanced.

Participant

It’s as easy as not lighting the background. Flags are your frind. You can even overlight the principals and then color correct to your liking in post.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap