Shoot Smash Boom Episode 1 – Texas Stadium Implosion in Slow Motion

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Shoot Smash Boom Episode 1 – Texas Stadium Implosion in Slow Motion

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Shot some overcranked footage of the Texas stadium demolition for a new
      web series I’m doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HlebOOZQuQ

Shoot Smash Boom is a web series where various items are destroyed…and
      filmed with high speed cameras. This first episode features the Dallas
      Cowboys stadium demolition.
      Think of Shoot Smash Boom as Mythbusters, but without the science, in a
      web series format, and with more destruction and slow motion.

I wish the slow motion parts were more exciting. Sadly, it didn’t look as grand as the demolition of a taller building would have looked.

Participant

man that was cool.

You should do a segment on the world trade center buildings brought down the same way.

Inactive

Nice video. I liked the reverse effect at the end. What camera was used for this?

The white balance of the wide angle camera seems way off, though. If this was intentional, I apologize for not getting it πŸ™‚

Participant

Thanks guys!
      I shot the video on an EX1, Casio EX-F1 and a consumer level Canon camera. The white balance has a blue look because it was overcast at the time of the implosion.

Reminds me of the Simpsons when Bart bought a factory and while he was away, it collapsed. Bart asked his friend Milhouse what happened. Milhouse said, “First it started to fall over, and then it fell over.”

Pretty neat footage. Your graphics in the intro are great, too. The commentary was good and whoever voiced it has a good voice for this kind of thing.

Participant

I’m kinda suprised that people are liking the voiceover, mainly because I did it myself. πŸ˜›

A couple of people I know even said that they didn’t recognize it as my voice. lol

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap