Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › Shoot doc in 4.3 or 16.9?
- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
- May 18, 2008 at 4:52 PM #40012AnonymousInactive
I’m shooting a short documentary for competition using a GL2 with an MA300 adapter and Azden SMG1X mic and will edit on Apple Final Cut (new to me). I’m a long time still, 8mm and VHS photographer and now 3 CCD digital. With post in mind, should I shoot original footage in 4.3 or 16.9? Audio will be limited head shot dialogue (limited audio equipment) and VO. Need advise on getting good VO audio, forget computer built in mic.
- May 19, 2008 at 12:15 AM #172179RobParticipant
With post in mind, I don’t think it really matters whether you shoot in 4:3 or 16:9. Final Cut can handle both, but keep in mind that the GL2 DOES NOT shoot true 16:9. It just stretches the image. So shooting 4:3 will give you the best results in terms of image quality.
I have a GL2 with the MA300 as well. It looks pretty stupid, but it gets the job done.
- May 25, 2008 at 12:12 AM #172180AnonymousInactive
Good advice. You’re right on about the looks of GL2, MA300 and mic; looks like a piece of plumbing, but effective.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.