Shockwave files

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Can you produce Shockwave videos in Sony Vegas software?

EvanG

Participant

I’m familiar with Vegas but not familar with shockwave files or videos. Perhaps you could enlightenat least myself and possibly others. Hopefully then your question will be answered.

Participant

Shockwave appears to be a Flash-type of format so the answer is no.

Mike

Participant

Try Flix – I have this and I like it.

http://www.wildform.com/products/flix/flix_standard.php

Participant

Thanks Bruce. I’m opening a new website for my fledgeling video company, and I wanted a flash video to play as the home page opened. That appears to be the only type that will do this. I’ll let you all know when I get it working.

EvanG

Inactive

thanks for the info.

Participant

Shockwave files are not Flash files. Shockwave is a different technology. What you want to be able to do is produce a Flash video file (either flv or f4v).

Flash video won’t play directly in the browser it needs to be wrapped in a Flash player swf (does not stand for shockwave) file. There are a bunch of programs that can convert the video and make the container, some made by adobe and some made by other companies.

Participant

The product I use (Flix Standard) will generate either SWF or FLV files. Limitations on the SWF are ten minute max but they play without problems in my browser (FireFox) – The FLV files need an additional player that is available from many sources, as Jerron said. Flix Pro has many players that can be built into the FLV file and have additional players sold separately as well.

WildForm bought Flix from On2 last year – Products are listed here: http://www.wildform.com/products/flix/

Participant

Birdcat,

Can Vegas export a flash video (flv or f4v) file or do you have to export some other video format and run it through a converter like Flix?

Participant

Hi Jerron –

I am using an older version (8) of Vegas Pro which does not render to FLV directly – I output to MPEG2 and run that through Flix when I need FLV or SWF.

Later versions may or may not (I don’t believe so however).

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap