share your opinions!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Angel here, and I’m currently studying at IAFT http://www.filmschool.ph…please share your opinions,how similar or different is Adobe Premier to Apple’s Final Cut Pro? For aspiring editors who only have PCs with Premier installed, can they apply this knowledge with Final cut in a Mac? Thanks!

Participant

I used to only use Premiere, but when I bought my iMac I also purchased Final Cut. Because I had worked with Premiere, I was able to get into Final Cut with a fairly minimal learning curve. Even then, most of my actual learning was less Final Cut and more the Mac’s OSX, which I was totally unfamiliar with at the time. I’ve found I actually prefer Final Cut more, and I know more about it than I ever knew Premiere. Still I chalk the smooth transition up to my previous experience with Premiere.

Participant

Much of the same. I know Premiere well, and just this year had to switch to iMac and Final Cut for class. Because I understood Premiere, Final Cut was much easier to understand. My only difficulties were working with OSX and learning Final Cut’s shortcuts.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap