Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Sound › (sexy) man on the street
- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years, 10 months ago by Anonymous.
- April 23, 2007 at 6:00 AM #41257AnonymousInactive
I’m looking to pick up some kind of shotgun mic for man-on-the-street style interviews and whatnot.
What’s everyone’s opinion on the best moderatly priced one? I want something where I can, if something cool and random comes up, I can just point and be happy that I have great sound.
- April 23, 2007 at 8:59 AM #175459AnonymousInactive
What type of mic connector does your camcorder accept, XLR or mini-plug?
Also, were you planning on hand-holding the mic? Some mics are specially designed to minimize handling noise (but at the moment, I don’t recall any such mics being shotgun mics).
- April 23, 2007 at 11:09 AM #175460AnonymousInactive
I like my little rode mic.
The foam windscreen isn’t terrible, but I throw a fur muff over it for windy conditions.
my fur "dead cat" was made by my daughter. I don’t have the heart to tell her where fake fur REALLY comes from. ((they skin Teddy Bears!) Horrible to witness, Really,….fluff and buttons everywhere).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.