sepia tone.. I need help

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

For some reason I am having a lot of trouble figure out sepia tone. Im trying to get it to flash on and off the screen but all it wants to do is change the color of the video entirely. Does anyone know anything about sepia that may help me?

Participant

What NLE are you using.

In Vegas you can apply this to the clip or the track, and use keyframes with both to control when and how much is applied.

Inactive

What editing software are you using?

As birdcat says above, you need to make keyframes to set your effect on and off.

Avid, Premiere Pro, Vegas and Final Cut allow you to set your keyframes. For instance, if the clip you want to have flash on and off with the sepia tone is 20-seconds in length, and you want the first 10 seconds to be sepia tone, you’d place a keyframe at :00:01 [zero seconds, 1-frame,] and another at :10:00, [10-secods, zero frame] followed by one on the next frame at 10:11. The segment between 00:01 and 10-seconds is your point you can set the sepia effect to, and the following segment won’t be affected. Then you just keyframe the next segment the same way. Does that make sense?

Inactive

It doesnt make sense yet but i am going to try right away. Thank you both for your help

Inactive

ok, I am confused about keyframes, how do you make these now?

Participant

Keith,

What software are you using. It is a slightly different process to create keyframes in each one.

Inactive

I am using Vegas movie studio platinum 9.0 I was messing around with keyframes last night and it was a little different than what video chick said, but i see what she means now. I just cant figure out how to flash and manipulate sepia in my video clips.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap