separating sound and picture on an avi file for editing in A

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound separating sound and picture on an avi file for editing in A

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      nburch
      Participant

I am just beginning to learn to use Adobe Premier, and I am trying to re-cut .avi video files and in order to due so I assume I must separate sound and picture… and in any case there are instances where I will want to replace the sync sound, etc. Standard editing stuff… Using Virtual dub, I have created a .wav file of the sound track, which plays fine, right speed, right length, with WMP or anything else for that matter, but when I import it into Premier it becomes about 50 times as long and consists of only bumps and scratches… Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Tnbaks in advance.

N Burch

TheDVshow
      Participant

the audio setting on your timeline and your audio file have to match

nburch
      Participant

Yes, thanks for your effort to help but I haven’t foggiest notion of what you mean by "setting"…Could you elaborate just a little?

Thanks in advance,

N Burch

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Sound’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN