Selling Videos online – what format?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am curious what format for selling video online for people to buy and download videos.

MP4? Mov? Avi? Should I offer several format? Or just one.

Is there good setting for compressing and keep high quality of videos? I am using FCP.

Daniel HartDaniel Hart
      Participant

MOV is my all time favorite format… It works flawlessly with Macs, and for a PC all you need is quicktime player, (which is free.) However, I would offer multiple formats, because some people might not want to have to download quicktime. So, I would offer MOV for mac users and WMV for PC users.

‘Course that’s just my opinion…

Providing programming for smart phone, iPhone, iPad and other mobile device usage is a deal breaker in today’s video consumer environment … ESPECIALLY commercially. And, as Daniel says, .mov & .wmv should cover it, unless you want to consider people who are addicted to the less-than-flawless abilities of FLASH, or something in the HTML5 category. Keep MP4 H.264 in mind as well. So yeah, multiple options will DRAW and KEEP your consumers/clients returning.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap