Scripts

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

So this summer I am thinking about doing an independent short film for fun, and if I feel its quality is good enough I may even send it out to some local film festivals. But the main problem that I have is getting a script. I use to be is tons of creative writing classes but, I dont feel I can write well enough to makea sctipt. Does anyone know where I can get scripts, or does anyone have a script I can use. I would prefer not to do a comedy, and nothing too far fetched. I Live in Milwaukee Wisconsin, so Urban and rural areas are both possiable shooting locations.

Luka,

Writers are fairly easy to come by, but finding the right one is more difficult. You’ll want to find a writer and script that inspires you to make the short film. Finding inspiring scripts might be a challenge and require a lot of searching and reading. But, they say, you write best when you write what you know, so you may have a good time collaborating on a short script. Find a like minded person, perhaps a creative writing student or enthusiast and give it a go.

Celtx is a free script writing software and a community that might be good for a beginner or co-writing opportunity. We reviewed the software, you can see it here.

Mark

Inactive

I have a short script that you might be interested in. At least read it. It’s a little racy, but it would be provocative. E-mail me and I’ll send you a copy. It’s very simple, takes place in one room in real time with 3 characters. My e-mail is coyle.darren@gmail.com

–Darren

Inactive

Yes I am a Television and Video Production student at Milwaukee Area Tech. College(MATC). It is one of only a few college television programs that runs a PBS station, so all of my instructors, and the people around the building are industary professionals. Anyway, While I was in high school I was involved in the school paper, and in Creative writing workshops, but I want something fresh and new, if that makes any sence….

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap