Script Editing Software

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

In the past when we’ve done script editing we’ve used Microsoft Word and tables. Well, I guess that’s OK for one or two short scripts a year.

This month we received two scripts, 6 normal type-written pages each. Trying to do the script editing as we have is cumbersome to say the least. We’ve also been told that we’ll be doing as many as another 24 training videos.

So I’m looking for an easier way to do script editing. The only thing I’ve been able to find is FINAL DRAFT and FINAL DRAFT A/V. We’d probably only need the A/V version ($129) since we use 2-column scripts.

Does anyone have any experience with Final Draft A/V and/or could you recommend or suggest another software to look at.

Thanks in advance.

Inactive

I use Final Draft, regular, and it is wonderful, especialy after using MS Word X-D

My boss researched several others and decided on FD AV 2. We downloaded the demo at work and couldn’t get it to work. So I downloaded it a home and still couldn’t get it to work. I glad to see that someone uses it and likes it. Trying to do Word + Tables is a nightmare.

Thanks for the reply.

Participant

Try CeltX. It is designed for online collaboration, the formatting is all automatic, and it is coded with the Mozilla platform.

Completely free too, always nice.

http://www.celtx.com/

Comitar

Participant

sorry old site so I deleted it.

Inactive

celtx is good… i’ve always thought i’d upgrade to final draft in time, but for the most part, i’m not sure if/when “in time” will turn out to be

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap