School promotion

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey again, here a nother piece of work I have done so far. This is a promotion for my school chess club, once again critique are allwaysss welcome. I actually use only 2 stock footage in this video which you could see are very high definition, but the rest is what I came up with except the song which was from kasabian- club foot. Hope I could get some feedback. Thanks.

Inactive

Participant

hey man, i’m in high school too!

It looked really good. Was some of the footage computer generated? Pretty good choice of music as well.
      The only real thing I can say is that the transition at the end to where it says your high school, it would look awesome if you put some motion to it. Its kind of jarring to have all the tense close ups and then cut to a flat, motionless graphic. Otherwise, great job, pretty impressive. Now ijust wish i was better at chess : ) 😯

Inactive

no none of them were cg they were all normal chess pieces and board. I just edit them out rotoshape out the chess board to make it seam like it in a total dark room. thanks for the tip I’ll see what I can think of to that last still image. thanks.

Inactive

oh yeah I see you are in californa how is it over there? Your lucky to live there so much oppotunities.

Participant

California. It’s great. the weather is nice, the beaches are great, the sky is beautiful… just kidding.
      But in all seriousness, it’s a really awesome place to live. There is definitely a lot of opportunity here.
      I used to go to a school called OCHSA, Orange County High School of the Arts, which was just 30 minutes from LA. There were many instructors there that worked on large scale movies and series (Titanic, Dawson’s Creek…) It really makes a difference, living near to the industry. There are much more film related businesses and shops down here too, making everything a lot easier to access. Plus, networking is awesome here. There are many professionals and if you have your network spread out and wide, it wouldn’t be too hard to find some good internships and etc. I haven’t really dug out all the opportunities here though, right now I’m a sophomore in high school. But if you ever have a chance to live here, go for it. Just be careful of our driving though. 😀

Inactive

oh my god I’ll be diving head first into all that. specially when we are still in highschool education is free, check out some workshop and all that. man your really lucky. I only have one teacher, and the only one i know who understand media. Hey spencer could I see some of your work?

Participant

Sorry man, OCHSA wasn’t free, it was a public charter school, and cost about $2,500. a year to attend. I only went there for about 8 weeks too, and then returned to my local school. I certainly miss the place. At all the local, free public schools, chances are, unless you’re in LA, the high school instructor wouldn’t have the experience I described earlier. Most typical high schools won’t have that education.
      There are however, many workshops here at colleges and other facilities (ex. Universal Studios 8) ) that feature experienced pros.

At my current school, we have much less resources. All we have to edit on are some G4’s with Final Cut 3. That’s why I’m glad I saved up and bought a laptop and Final Cut Express HD.

Here’s one video I made somewhat recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTNGn4W3C0k

and from their you can find some other videos i made. i’ll try to upload a little bit more later, but your chess video smokes them all visually.

Inactive

haha that was sweet. did you animate your key?

Participant

nope. I just used a bunch of chroma keying/inverse chroma keying.
      haha, i wish i knew how to animate stuff

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap