Rotoscoping in CS5

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Any good tuitorial out there on rotoscoping in AE CS5. Under what circumstncae will you be using rotoscoping instead of a green screen.

Please keep simple.

HJB,

Check out this tutorial at Creative Cow.net. Rotoscoping is a great way to superimpose 2D animation over live footage to get more lifelike movement in your characters. There are a number of other creative things you can do with it, but that’s the main thing popping to mind.

Rotobrush Tutorial

Participant

Rotoscoping can also be useful when you need to apply different effect to the foreground, midground, or background of a shot. For example you need to apply color correction to a figure in a scene but not to eh rest of the content of the scene.

Participant

I rotoscope a lot of color correction. Often the background is fine but I want to treat my principal character. Perhaps he has a zit or a booger on his cheeck? Yesterday I was editing a music video for a prominant artist and nobody on set noticed a piece of glitter on her face… or elected to ignore it and make it my problem. Every day I find a use to rotoscope something.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap