Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Sound › Rode Videomic!
- November 12, 2009 at 10:38 PM #41726imaginenow.entertainmentParticipant
Hey guys! I have a Sony HDR-FX7 camera and it doesn’t have any XLR inputs in it, it only has a mini plug. I’ve been looking at the Rode Videomic, and I’m receiving good feedback from it. How about you guys? Do you think that it’s a good mic for my camera? And it’s only $150 compared to other microphones out there.
Tell me what you think! Thanks!
BTW.. They also said that it was use for Paranormal Activity..
- November 12, 2009 at 10:52 PM #176617EarlCMember
It’s a GREAT mic for the price. It works, and is one of several mics I keep in my war chest.
- November 13, 2009 at 1:08 PM #176618birdcatParticipant
While I don’t own one yet, I have always heard good things about it.
- November 13, 2009 at 2:57 PM #176619BruceMolParticipant
I have one and it is truly a great mic.
- November 13, 2009 at 3:33 PM #176620FX1shooterMember
I also have one that i’ve been using on my FX1 for the past 3 years! it’s great the shock mount helps iliminate noise coming from the camera. as a rule I change the 9v battery every shoot
- November 18, 2009 at 6:46 AM #176621geraldprostParticipant
Yes, it is a great mic for the price. Remember the secret to great audio is not the price of your mics: it is where you place them. Or where you can place them.
- January 27, 2010 at 2:13 PM #176622AnonymousGuest
Yep it’s a great mic. I bought mine on ebay for $120 and am really impressed with it and it’s a good price too. I’ve been using it for about a week now and can’t really think of anything bad to say about it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.