Rode Videomic!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys! I have a Sony HDR-FX7 camera and it doesn’t have any XLR inputs in it, it only has a mini plug. I’ve been looking at the Rode Videomic, and I’m receiving good feedback from it. How about you guys? Do you think that it’s a good mic for my camera? And it’s only $150 compared to other microphones out there.

http://usa.rodemic.com/microphone.php?product=VideoMic

Tell me what you think! Thanks!

BTW.. They also said that it was use for Paranormal Activity..

It’s a GREAT mic for the price. It works, and is one of several mics I keep in my war chest.

Participant

While I don’t own one yet, I have always heard good things about it.

Participant

I have one and it is truly a great mic.

I also have one that i’ve been using on my FX1 for the past 3 years! it’s great the shock mount helps iliminate noise coming from the camera. as a rule I change the 9v battery every shoot

Participant

Yes, it is a great mic for the price. Remember the secret to great audio is not the price of your mics: it is where you place them. Or where you can place them.

Yep it’s a great mic. I bought mine on ebay for $120 and am really impressed with it and it’s a good price too. I’ve been using it for about a week now and can’t really think of anything bad to say about it.

• Viewing 6 reply threads

7   +   4   =  

Best Products

Camera on a hand held stabilizer

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
    homicide-bootstrap