Rode Videomic!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys! I have a Sony HDR-FX7 camera and it doesn’t have any XLR inputs in it, it only has a mini plug. I’ve been looking at the Rode Videomic, and I’m receiving good feedback from it. How about you guys? Do you think that it’s a good mic for my camera? And it’s only $150 compared to other microphones out there.

http://usa.rodemic.com/microphone.php?product=VideoMic

Tell me what you think! Thanks!

BTW.. They also said that it was use for Paranormal Activity..

EarlC

It’s a GREAT mic for the price. It works, and is one of several mics I keep in my war chest.

birdcat
      Participant

While I don’t own one yet, I have always heard good things about it.

BruceMol
      Participant

I have one and it is truly a great mic.

FX1shooter

I also have one that i’ve been using on my FX1 for the past 3 years! it’s great the shock mount helps iliminate noise coming from the camera. as a rule I change the 9v battery every shoot

geraldprost
      Participant

Yes, it is a great mic for the price. Remember the secret to great audio is not the price of your mics: it is where you place them. Or where you can place them.

Anonymous

Yep it’s a great mic. I bought mine on ebay for $120 and am really impressed with it and it’s a good price too. I’ve been using it for about a week now and can’t really think of anything bad to say about it.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Sound’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Stock media: How to find and use the best stock photos, videos, music and more

Acquiring stock media and editing it into your project is very often faster, cheaper and much more convenient than creating that media yourself.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN