“Ripping” footage from a DVD so that I can edit it.

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion “Ripping” footage from a DVD so that I can edit it.

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have been hired to re-edit a wedding video that is already on DVD. I edit using Final Cut Express HD. I was wondering if there is anysoftware out there that will turn the DVD footage into a Quicktime movie that I can import into FCE. Or do I have to copy it to a Mini DV tape first, then into the editing software…

Videoman
      Participant

Why do you want to convert to Quicktime, isn’t that compressed?

Would you not be better off converting to AVI ?

Try this program. The freebie is limited with the formats. The professional version US$ 29.95 does the lot

http://www.any-video-converter.com/buynow/buy_video.php

Good luck and happy editing

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just a thought but did you ask if the bride tried to buy the raw footage. Many companies will allow you to buy the footage after a certain amount of time or even some will do it almost immediately.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Don’t you have to first RIP the files off the DVD before you can convert it? Which program do you suggest for doing this?

Also, are there any DVD copy protection techniques for the event videographer?

Pete

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

How to choose the right computer for video editing: 4 key specs to check

Buying the best workstation for your needs means understanding how the CPU, GPU, RAM and storage options work together to enhance overall performance.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN