Retrieving with Video pro x2

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

when going into “capture” in corel video pro x2 the program wont recognise windows media files that i know are there but do not show up in my windows video storage file?

Participant

My own experience may be relevant here. I use a Canon Vixia HF11 that records to an SD card. I remove this card and copy it to my computer. With Adobe Premier Elements 7.0 I only need to copy the actual movie clips as these can be imported directly into Premier. However with Corel I need to copy the whole AVCHD folder into my computer in order to capture the movie clips in Corel. Hope this helps.

Robert

Participant

thanks, I have a program that came with the camera but do not like it and want to bypass it. I tried to load the images onto my pc before installing the program but you could not play them when they turned up and so I guess i need to conver them.

you say that Corel will pick them up but if i cant play them after transferring them straight form the camera then will Corel be able to retrieve them from the file?

Participant

My Canon stores the movie clips in a folder called AVCHD. It’s this folder that Corel recognizes. It also folder contains other files besides the clips that may be important. See if you have a similar folder.

Participant

ok will try this thanks.

Participant

ok rob – I’m there. I removed the imagemixer program and copied the clips staright from the camera hard drive and they were copied from a file called AVCHD but deeper on a file called STREAMS. So they are all on my pc now but wont play still. When i click on them the wmp window pops up and is blank so I’m guessing conversion is my next step?

Also my Corel still will not recognise the clips in their current form when i do a search for digital files I go to where they are but they are invisible? I only copied the clips off the camera but not all of the other files that were confusing?

Participant

Hello guys…

i will be try it…thanks

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap