Respond to VFX question?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I love to make movies with gun fights, i like when i see the bullet in motion (NOT bulletime,) like the quick yellow streaks on the picture for like 5 frames. I wa just wondering how i would do that in like after effects or something. Thanks if you respond!

John G

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Hello John

Can you explain with more details what do you want to do. I don’t believe this is, but do you want to do something like The Bullet from Video Copilot?

Inactive

not a full 3D bullet but like in this video at :33 seconds, not that angle but something similar

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Hello again John

In AFX you can create this bullet streak by making a new solid (in the color you want your bullet streak) and mask it with ellipse tool until you get your desire shape. After you have your shape, feather it using the Mask Feather to make it look less flat. I used 50 pixels in feather, but use whatever value works for you. Then you can add Glow and give it additional color using Hue/Saturation (check mark Colorize to make it look more “realistic”). If you like your bullet streak to have a “cloudy” look, you can use Fractal Noise.

Remember that you will probably need to change a few things when adding the bullet streak to your videos. Depending on where you recorded your scenes, you will need to add more or less color to the bullet streak. Just play around with the the effects parameter until you get what you are looking for.

Inactive

Ok thank you very much, this will help me in the future!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap