Request on advice for purchasing a camera

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey everyone!

My organization is putting together a budget studio, but with so many cameras to choose from, it’s difficult to figure out what our best choice is. I’m seeking professionals help here. We’re on a budget, so high-end professional equipment is out of the question. Our budget is around or under $800.

This is what we need:

True 1080p format

Mic on cam and/or audio/min in

Ability to mount on a tripod

HDMI out

Note – The camera will be used for a small budget inside studio with medium to bright lighting.

Thank you all for your help!

Participant

No, I have not seen a completely invisible camera yet, sorry.

Inactive

Sorry… For some reason my original text kept posting in code, so I had to delete it an re-enter

Participant

I have a little Panasonic handheld that I bought as a travel camera. Most the newer models are upgrades in the same line they just have different features. such as http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/749852-REG/Panasonic_HDC_SD90K_HDC_SD90_High_Definition_Camcorder.html Lots of great reviews.

I know my camera had a 5.1 mic on top, but unless you want to spend a
      lot of time in a NLE balancing each channel – not to mention you need a
      NLE that supports surround sound editing – the only way you will ever
      hear the 5.1 surround is if you play original footage straight from the
      camera. For basic editing, the NLE can get confused on the channels and you will get strange audio after edit. Rarely is this ever needed so that mic to me is more of a gimmick – though I HAVE used it. I am not sure if their current handhelds have 5.1.

In any case, they do have microphones built in.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap