Replace PV-GS400 with?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi all,

This is my first post and I’m happy to be among such knowledgeable people!

I’ve been doing weddings for a couple of years now… Using Sony VX2000 up front and Panasonic PV-GS400 in the back of the hall.

I’ve noticed that the GS400’s are fetching about $1500 on Ebay so was wondering if you thought that now might be a good time to upgrade. I’m completely happy with the GS400 in good light situations but it does not perform as well in low light situations as you probably know.

Flirting with the thought of taking the plunge into HD and if I did it would certainly end up being my "camera 2" as I would only be wanting to spend about 2 grand for a used camera…. and it would need to be able to shoot in standard def as well.

So my question is, should I sell the Panasonic and if so, what do you guys suggest I get that will be better in low light and still provide a picture that is as sharp as the GS400. Should I go HD? I’m not necessarily loyal to any particular brand….

Thanks in advance for any help on this rather broad question. πŸ˜•

Inactive

compusolver Wrote:

It’s a painful way to put it, but an honest question and, for many, a very tough choice.

Comp,

Thank you. I’m going to dump the GS400 and pick up a VX2100 and use that as the main. Of course my brides are more more important than the new technology!

I wish I could keep them all and add a third but that’s not a possibility right now.

I might hire another guy to shoot with me though and give that 3 cam option a whirl. I appreciate your help.

Inactive

jb,
      Going for a VX2100 sounds like an excellent idea.
      I’ve seen a lot of posts in these forums where someone is looking for a Panasonic GS400. You shouldn’t have any difficulty getting a good price for it. There is a trading post forum somewhere on this website.
      Good luck, πŸ™‚
      Ken Hull

Inactive

Thanks Ken!

Comp,

Yup, I do it all myself. I’m a smalltime weekend warrior. Have a degree in Mass Comm and wasn’t working in the industry and really missed it so I started doing weddings!

I get everything you mentioned by myself, use wireless mics, Mighty Wondercam, High Quality Tripods, Edit with Premiere and author DVDs with DVDit….

I’m quite proud of the value that I offer. My product is good.

}:-)

Inactive

compusolver Wrote:

I didn’t mean to infer that you couldn’t put out a good product as a one-man show, but it must be quite a task! If you’d like to write an article detailing how you cover everything single-handedly, we’d probably like to post it in our "Articles" section on WeddingVideoDoneRight.com

By the way, we’re paying (a whopping) $25 per article that gets published.

No problems! I am jealous of your setup!

I’m not sure about that one man show article… I have to write resumes all day five days a week and after that I don’t much feel like writing anything… πŸ˜•

Good to be part of your community.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap