Rendering Options

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Joe
      Participant

If I import footage captured on my HDV cam, and set my project properties to DV and edit it in standard def. (for the sake of making editing smoother) can I still render it out in an HDV format so that the end product with be in HD? I’m new to Vegas, and I love it! But the choppy previews and lag are really annoying. Thanks everybody.

Cville
      Participant

If you want to render out in HDV you want to set your project up as HDV. If you look in your Vegas manual there is a section on “Creating Proxy Files” This allows you to edit in a less processor intensive format and then when you get ready to render out in HDV it will replace the proxy files. Not sure of the full process for this as I do everything in HDV.

Vegas has some free video tutorials at their website I’m not sure if they cover this or not.

Good Luck

Tony

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best cinema cameras — 2021

Determining the best cinema cameras on the market today can be complicated. Here are the first cameras you should consider
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN