Rendering Options

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

If I import footage captured on my HDV cam, and set my project properties to DV and edit it in standard def. (for the sake of making editing smoother) can I still render it out in an HDV format so that the end product with be in HD? I’m new to Vegas, and I love it! But the choppy previews and lag are really annoying. Thanks everybody.

Participant

If you want to render out in HDV you want to set your project up as HDV. If you look in your Vegas manual there is a section on “Creating Proxy Files” This allows you to edit in a less processor intensive format and then when you get ready to render out in HDV it will replace the proxy files. Not sure of the full process for this as I do everything in HDV.

Vegas has some free video tutorials at their website I’m not sure if they cover this or not.

Good Luck

Tony

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap