Rendering and not killing your self

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi,

I am rendering a 10 minute short film and have been told that I should use these settings in the Sequence settings :
      frame Size : 1140 x 1080 (16:9), Pixel Aspect Ration : PAL-CCIR 601 (720 x 576) and (QT Video Settings) Compressor : HDV 1080i50.

When I set these settings the movie looks very small in the Canvas window. All I want is a regular 16:9 setting that I can then export to Dvd Studio Pro. Could someone please explain to me what the settings should be or how I just get regular 16:9 before my head falls off.

Thanks

Participant

Are you editing in PAL?

If you AREN"T, then I think I have the solution.

You should be using these frame size settings: 1920 x 1080

Now, I assume you’re using iDVD 5 or below, correct? Well, iDVD 5 can’t burn a DVD in widescreen. The instructions say to drag your Quicktime video set to 16:9 into iDVD and then burn and it should come out in widescreen. The programming for iDVD did do this correctly, but the burning process didn’t! Why didn’t Apple even care to test try a Widescreen DVD to make sure it works?!

Well, there’s a way to get around iDVD’s flaw. Go to this link here, it’ll tell you how to do it: http://www.atpm.com/11.06/howto-idvd.shtml

The website provided should show you how to make a DVD in iDVD in Widescreen.

I hope I’ve helped.

Participant

Keefey Boy Wrote:

…that I can then export to Dvd Studio Pro. Could someone please explain to me what the settings should be or how I just get regular 16:9 before my head falls off.

He said he was going to be exporting to DVD Studio Pro. Not iDVD

Participant

Hi,

I am editing in pal and I am also using DVD Studio Pro.
      I think I may have sorted it by simply starting again. The program got confused by my lack of skill. Not really understanding what you are doing is no way to carry on.
      So I think I will have go on some sort of training course.
      Thanks for the reply.

Participant

He said he was going to be exporting to DVD Studio Pro. Not iDVD

Whoops :-//

Terribly sorry, I should have paid more attention

Participant

Thats ok. Please do not be to harsh on yourself. Just a light beating will do. Lol

Once again thanks.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Mobile Workstation Buyer's Guide

The best laptops for video editing — 2020

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap