Rendering all the time (Studio 14) & reinstall?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Rendering all the time (Studio 14) & reinstall?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      noosacastaway
      Participant

I seem to spend an enormous amount of time waiting for my clip edits to render. Sometimes I just have to open a video project and it starts rendering before I make any changes? I think I need to re-install. Can someone help me with the best way to do this. I paid for the download direct and don’t have a disc or anything at home. I’m new to this and would appreciate any help.

Cheers LH

vid-e-o-man
      Participant

LH,

Some more info would probably help. Editing software, what type of video files, any specs on the computer that you are using etc.

noosacastaway
      Participant

Sorry .. using Studio 14 ultimate colllection and I am creating a chroma key arrangement. I downloaded video files from a Sony HVR-V1P cam I think in DV? Recorded in 1080i. I hope I’m making sense. The computer has better than recommended (not minimum) specs for this software and I run this program almost exclusively. Have created about 5 four minute video’s without this problem but this first Chroma.

Thanks again.

LH

Yvon
      Participant

Hi,

Pentium 4 is good for DV (720 x 480) if you go to HD (1920 x 1080) you need an i7 computer and about 8 gig memories to process 20 minutes video.

I suppose that your project is made with a minimum of 2 tracks the first track contain a movie or a picture or combination movie, picture, title;the track number 2 contain your chroma work. If you consider that a Pentium 4 requires about 9 minutes to render 1 minute of HD movie and 1 track movie. More work you ask to the computer more time is need.

The hint with Studio 14 is todivide your project in 2 or4 parts generate an avi file for each part and combine theAVI filesin one movie. This appears more work but this work

Regards,

YR

Pioneer
      Participant

You can turn off rendering while you work on the project by un-checking render in full or real time in the setup menu. I use this program and like it but has a lot of bugs in it causing it to crash.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Stock media: How to find and use the best stock photos, videos, music and more

Acquiring stock media and editing it into your project is very often faster, cheaper and much more convenient than creating that media yourself.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.