Render Scrub Does Not Display Transition

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Render Scrub Does Not Display Transition

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Using Premiere 6.5 on DV camera captured video clips in A/B roll mode, I followed all instructions for inserting a cross dissolve transition and using render scrub preview, but the transition does not display. I checked all steps that I took and found no omissions as given in the instructions from 3 sources. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Walter

Inactive

Check and be sure that both video layers are turned on/enabled?
      Check and be sure that your transition lines up with clips?
      Not sure of anything else off the top of my head.

Participant

Do everything Eric said. You may have already tried this but, click on the timeline at the top of page
      click on render work area it will ask you to save your project, save it and then it will render it for you.
      This may be what you mean by render scrub, but where I see this phrase is under project settings,,,,general..
      playback settings….when you put a check mark on playback on camcorder you can then check render scrub,
      never used this so I don’t know what it will do.

Marvin[/i]

Inactive

tonsofpcs Wrote:

Where do I do this? The single word search function for the documentation I have generally comes up with 30+ hits and I have to wade through a lot of non-useful material. The transition lines up with the overlapped clips in full magnification view.

Thanks,
      Walter

Inactive

centre77 Wrote:

Do everything Eric said. You may have already tried this but, click on the timeline at the top of page
      click on render work area it will ask you to save your project, save it and then it will render it for you.
      This may be what you mean by render scrub, but where I see this phrase is under project settings,,,,general..
      playback settings….when you put a check mark on playback on camcorder you can then check render scrub,
      never used this so I don’t know what it will do.

Marvin[/i]

render Scrub is a quick and dirty way of viewing an transition or effect. You manually drag the edit line across the transition and you are supposed to see the transition in the monitor only at the speed your mouse is moving.

Walter

Participant

How do you have your transition set up? Do you have both clips on separate video tracks or on the same? Is the transition attached to the end of one clip or joining the two? There are several ways to set up a transition. It would help to know how you are doing it.

Inactive

Endeavor Wrote:

How do you have your transition set up? Do you have both clips on separate video tracks or on the same? Is the transition attached to the end of one clip or joining the two? There are several ways to set up a transition. It would help to know how you are doing it.

Yes, separate video tracks. The transition is on the transition track (between A & B) synced to the end of track A and the beginning of track B.

Walter

Participant

According to my Seybold book. push down on the ALT button as you drag the edit line in the time ruler. It should work it does for me. Try overlapping A with B by 3 to 5 seconds then put your transition between them, then render scrub it.

Marvin

Inactive

tonsofpcs Wrote:

How do I check to see if both video layers are turned on?

Walter

Participant

Go to the left side of your time line and see if an EYE appears in a box if it does it’s on if it doesn’t it’s off.

Marvin

Inactive

centre77 Wrote:

Go to the left side of your time line and see if an EYE appears in a box if it does it’s on if it doesn’t it’s off.

Marvin

OK, I fixed it. I had one of the tracks on Video 2 rather than Video 1B, total newbie goof. Thanks everyone for your help.

Walter

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Mobile Workstation Buyer's Guide

The best laptops for video editing — 2020

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap