Removing Unwanted edges from video

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      itsjasapparently
      Participant

Firstly I would prefer to complete this task on a mac but i am willing to use windows.
      Can anyone tell me how to remove edges of a video that i do not want.
      I have had a look around and the best answer to this was to use a black picture to cover the edges up, but this will not center the video.
      Please help
      thanks alot

matjusm
      Participant

You can do this with any professional NLE. In Sony Vegas the feature is called a Pan/Crop tool, in Adobe Premiere, just resize or move around the video in the frame so as to leave out the unwanted parts. Or as you said, move a black solid over your unwanted parts.

Anonymous
      Inactive

plan "B" (addendum to advice already given) would be to use compositing layers to add a nice border (think picture frame) around your video clip, then reposition your video clip to fit nicely in the border!

itsjasapparently
      Participant

Thanks for the suggestions

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best Nikon lenses — 2021

Nikon cameras are a favorite for DSLR shooters. Nikon has their own line of lenses, but there are also some third-party options available for both F mounts and Z mounts. Here are the best Nikon lenses currently available on the...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN