Remote controlled cameras

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I was wondering if anyone shoots with remote controlled camera system

Participant

YEP. Was that all you wanted to know? πŸ™‚

My Canon
      http://www.videomaker.com/community/forums/topic/review-of-the-canon-vixia-hf21
      Uses a remote and it is the most handy dandy device. Picture this, you need a really tight shot from across a lake. But the camera has to pull from the far side to the near side (where the camera is) across the top of the water, just skimming. You can get the camera just on the surface, but if you try to use the zoom it will become unbalanced and PLOP. So you have you camera man sitting on the lake shore, just at the edge, holding the camera tight to the edge of the water near the surface. A second man is either watching the LCD view screen or a monitor connected to the camera and is using the remote to control the zoom and speed of zoom. That little remote of mine has been the biggest creative tool to come along since script software.

Gregory thanks for the info. Do you know of any system that will let you put

3 or 4 unman cameras in a room and be operated from another room also be able

to zoom / focus / pan and tilt from one location and be able to mix between the

3 or 4 cameras sources.

Participant

If you willing to go into the 5 or more figure range? I have a friend who’s whole business is setting up such systems, but to quote him “I spend more than $5,000.00 just in a single job for my expenses, not counting the system.”

But they do exist, You might consider a remote security camera system with some serious good cameras. http://www.newegg.com would be my starting point price wise.

We use the Sony EVI-D70 cameras (4) complete with the sony RM-BR300 controller c/w The EDIROL V8 switcher connected to a video distribution amp and a Datavideo Hdr-50 hdd recorder

This set up is used for live event widescreen projection. After the evening we have all the images projected on the hdd.

Regards,

Robert

Hey Gregory and Robert thanks so much for the info. I had I feeling that someone else would come up with that. It cuts out a lot of editing time.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year β€” 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap