RELEASE FORMS: USE THEM?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

DOES ANYONE EVER USE A RELEASE FORM WHEN FILMING A PROJECT? WHEN I WAS IN COLLEGE, WE SHOT A FILM ABOUT THE RIVERWALK IN SAN ANTONIO, TX AND IT FEATURED SOME KEY PEOPLE BEHIND THE SCENES THAT MAKE IT ALL HAPPEN. EVEN THOUGH THEY AGREED AND WERE HAPPY TO BE IN THE VIDEO, WE STILL HAD EVERYONE SIGN A RELEASE FORM. I CAN’T SEEM TO FIND A COPY OF THE ONE WE USED TO I TRIED TO MAKE UP ONE OF MY OWN.

ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A PRETTY GENERIC FORM THAT YOU CAN COPY AND PAST BELOW?

LET’S HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THEM. I KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO HAVE SOMEONE SIGN A RELEASE IF YOU FILM THEM IN A PUBLIC PLACE THAT IS OUT IN THE OPEN (AS ANYONE CAN SEE THEM IN PERSON, IN PUBLIC). RIGHT?

WHEN ARE THE BEST TIMES TO USE THEM? EX: WHEN FILMING A COMMERCIAL DOING BUSINESS IN THE BACKGROUND WHILE YOU ARE FILMING THAT ACTION OR AN ACTION IN FRONT OF IT?

I ASSUME THAT THIS ADVICE CANNOT BE QUOTED AS "LEGAL ADVICE" BUT I AM JUST WONDERING WHAT ALL OF YOU OTHERS OUT THERE HAVE LEARNED, ENCOUNTERED, AND EXPERIENCED ON THIS TOPIC.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Participant

Several years back, Videomaker had one that you could copy. I had converted it to text but can’t seem to find it right now.

Participant

The only project that had "actors" in it (actually an audition type project – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5T-lmeUvWc) I got a signed release from every non-incidental person. I also got a release from the person who commissioned the work since she was also the major "star" of it.

Participant

were you able to find it Endeavor?

Participant

i typed up one that is specific to the projet (a commerical for marketing and web stream for a go cart company) but still can’t find the generic one from my college. if anyone needs a look, I might be able to get a copy posted of a ruff cut of it. let me know.

Participant

No I couldn’t find it. There’s no reason you cant type up something on your own though. Just be very specific and detailed.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cinema cameras — 2021

Determining the best cinema cameras on the market today can be complicated. Here are the first cameras you should consider
homicide-bootstrap