Region problems with Encore

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I built a project in Encore and set the region codes to “all regions”. When making a DVD image file or burning a DVD, Windows media player (for the image file) or the DVD player tell me that the DVD can’t be played due to region restrictions. Really? How can I add more regions to “all regions” and why isn’t the US part of “all regions?

Participant

What version are you using? Also, below All Regions is the CSS on or off? Do you have unlimited copies on or off? Having All regions on should be able to be played anywhere. I am assuming you have the output set to DVD Disk at the top of the build tab.

the version is CS5. CSS is off. I wouldn’t be able to turn it on since it is greyed out. Unlimited copies are allowed. Currently I am outputting a DVD Image. But DVD disk doesn’t work either. Tried it.

Participant

Try making a DVD disk instead of an image and see what happens.

I tried that too but the DVD player told me that there is a region problem.

Update:

The DVD I burned does play in Germany (I am currently here), just not in the US. Even though all regions were activated when authoring. Since I made the DVD only for my family in Germany it doesn’t really matter that it doesn’t play in the US. It is still odd.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap