Refurbished or wait for new?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’ve diligently done the research and am taking the expert advice you all provide for the best first camcorder for someone who will use a Mac with Final Cut for the editing I love, approx. $500 budget, and with external mic/some manual controls. The difficulty is that the best camcorders for my (and many others on this site) purposes are older models. So – best to wait until camcorder makers come to their senses? New model I missed? Or do you all buy refurbished or used and where? I live in southern California. I picture sending off my hard-earned money to a website (I’ve seen the reviews for those sites too) and getting zilch and having to wait another year. Thanks.

Inactive

CHECK OUT -> -> ebay (!) (!)
      you can find one that has little or no use at all…..

Participant

Ebay has some good deals if your careful. There are a ton of people selling used.

I would be pretty weary of most websites though. I would look at sites like ebay, B&H, Markertek, and Adarama. They have some of the cheapest prices of proper new/used items and won’t rip you off.

For your $500 You could look at something like a ZR800 (not the 850) and a Rode VideoMic. That would be a bit under 500, so you could get an extra battery and maybe go to the hardware store to grab some parts for a stabalizer or something like that. And that’s buying new. You could save a bit by looking for used.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap