recording what’s seen in viewfinder of dSLR

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello,

I’m fairly new to video. I happen to teach digital photography and would like to record short segments of “what I see in my dSLR viewfiner” The idea is I want to demonstrate a technique and then show what it looks like in the viewfinder alog with the LCD readings showing in the exposure etc.

Any ideas of how to do this would be great. I’ve considered this gizmo but the reviews have not been great. Using a Canon Optura Xi.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/460257-REG/Zigview_S2C_S2_Type_C_Digital.html#includes

Inactive

Hello,

I have a Canon 40D and it came with software that allows you to bring the view finder to the computer screen via USB. From there, you could just use a screen capture program like Camtasia to make a video of that. Not sure if that is exactly what you were looking for and of course, you would have to always have a computer attached to the camera which might be cumbersome out in the field but that is one idea.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap