Recording Presentation – Feedback issues?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Recording Presentation – Feedback issues?

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi all,

I’m a writer/director type who has agreed to record a presentation at a conference for a client. I’ve never done this before; I’m usually writing or directing.

The conference is at a hotel. The client has paid for mic rental and soundboard, and for me, the videographer, but not for a dedicated audio technician through the hotel. I spoke with the hotel today and they said that they would “highly recommend one if [I] am recording, should feedback issues arise.” The client wants to know if the audio technician is really necessary.

My inclination is no. I’m recording with an XLR input directly from the soundboard. Why would feedback issues arise? I thought I would run it past you guys in case there’s anything obvious I’m missing. Please let me know what you think.

Participant

Assuming his mic is feeding the room, that would be where the feedback would come from. It’s just a level thing. They are not concerned with your recorded audio. They are talking about the house.

Inactive

In that case, seems like a fairly marginal consideration; if there is feedback for a few seconds here and there, the recording will still suit the needs of the client – relatively low-budget project.

Thanks grinner

Participant

Niji, that all depends on how much feedback you may get. It is possible to have a 2 hour presentation and have feedback the whole time. For your video, it is possible for people to sit through some pretty bad video, most will not sit through bad audio. Read that here more than once and have stopped watching shows with bad audio. Personally, if you do not know how to do audio, I would get someone who knows how.

Participant

Just set a level and intruct the speaker to stay away from, well, the speakers.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap