recording drum kit

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I am trying to record a drum demo and so far have experimented with a Flip and with a Panasonic camcorder. The Flip produced a briliant picture but the high frequencies are sometimes clipped. The Pansonic produced good sound quality but the picture is grainy, due to poor light conditions, even when I fiddled with the settings.

Whilst I am not expecting full studio quality sound, I at least want a distortion free reproduction to accompany the clear picture. Are there any cameras out there which could do the job ?

I have considered recording the sound separately but have concerns whether perfect synchronisation between apparatus of different brands is possible – could another option be to plug in an external microphone.

Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Thank you.

Participant

I get quite usable audio with live music from my FX-1. If you can’t properly mic the kit, a good ole sm57 mic over the whole kit will surprise you. It can’t get the dynamics that micing the kit correctly does but it does offer a no distortion while hearing it all without breaking the bank solution. You can snag one up on ebay or at your nearest guitar center.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap