Recording directly onto a hard drive?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I live in Shanghai and do volunteer work in China in 3 different orphanages. One thing I like to do when I go to a home is to have them do some kind of production. This is not only good for the students – they get to act, make sets, film, etc – but I also have something to give to the orphanage that they can use for PR purposes. I am somewhat of a newb at video but at the same time, also a jack of all trades πŸ™‚ I want to obtain equipment to help me video these productions.

Is it possible to connect a camcorder and a couple of flip type cameras to a pc and have the pc record the video directly onto the hard drive, and assign each camera to a separate video track? If this could be done it would simply the editing process, allowing the students themselves to assist or do it all. It would also reduce the amount of time needed to edit the project. Related to this, I would like to be able to connect a few microphones (cordless and corded) to the pc and assign a separate audio track to each microphone.

When I film, whether it is candid activity or a staged performance, I usually like to have 2 fixed cameras and one movable camera. I would like this all to be captured and saved onto one media in real time.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders β€” 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap