Recording Audio in a night club atmosphere… Please help!!

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Recording Audio in a night club atmosphere… Please help!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hey,

I need to film inside a night club while the DJ is playing, need to ask the club goers their opinions and thoughts about the place. Also will need to film outside where the line for the club is. ANy recommendations if we are using a Sony FX1 Cam for vid, how should our audio be set up? Is a mic just enough, does anyone use a DAT recorder anymore… Thanks in advance and I really appreciate it.

Mike

Participant

See if you can ouput audio from the DJ’s mixing board into your camera. Does the FX1 have an XLR input?

I don’t have an FX1 but I’ve read Sony cams are good for low light settings. Someone more knowledgeable than I might be able to educate us on how to tweak the settings right to make it look the best it can.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap