Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › Recorded mono, want stereo
- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 8 months ago by Anonymous.
- June 24, 2008 at 1:10 AM #45251AnonymousInactive
I videoed a friends wedding with a borrowed shotgun mic on my GL2. When I plugged er in I realized at once that this mic is mono only. Argh. Now that I’m editing, the only sound I want is the best man’s toast, and it is left chan only. (the rest of the footage is music video quality only, noise, wind, rain, it’s just for a friend, and I had a few in me at the open bar, so who cares right?) Since the toast is the pinnacle of the night, boisterous laughter from all present, I want to fill the right chan as well. I have little experience with Elements 4, and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to duplicate L chan to a spare chan and pan it right. I must be missing something.
- June 24, 2008 at 3:08 AM #188179chrisColoradoParticipant
maybe you could reimport the audio again to a new track/channel?
maybe there’s a help manual you could read?
- June 24, 2008 at 5:42 AM #188180AnonymousInactive
duplicate the left track and place it on the right… have two of the same. copy paste sorta thing… works on final cut. should work for anything else. its pretty simple.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.