Record audio from aircraft intercom ?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Record audio from aircraft intercom ?

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes.

I need to record audio from a small aircraft intercom to a video camera. I have a 2 channel mixer that can take line-in or microphone-in with XLR inputs.

The aircraft headset (earphones and a mic) uses a 1/4″ stereo phone jack.

Any idea on how to connect the mixer to the aircraft? How do I make sure I hook up audio from the aircraft to the mixer and not the mic.

Follow this link to see a short clip of my 2008 air racing video. For 2009 I want to record the audio from the aircraft radio on one channel and ambient cockpit audio on the other channel.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKNMtKe25DA

Thanks for any help you can give.

Participant

Absolute easiest way is to use a scanner that can receive the aircraft radio frequency. Patch from the headphone jack of the scanner into the line in of your mixer. Use the other mixer channel for the cockpit ambient mic. Adapters, patch cables, transformers (to match impedience), etc can all work fine, but you risk damage to the intercom system and the quality may be ?????. A scanner is easy.

Best,

kfox

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap