Recent Clip Playback Problem

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I have been using Corel VideoStudio Pro X2 for about 3 months now. In the last week or so I have noticed that, whether it’s a clip in my library or on my the timeline, playback appears to be about 10X. A 20 second clip “runs” about 2 seconds. You only see the first frame or 3 of the clip then your at the end. This changes if I adjust playback speed to 99% or 101% then it runs at a more normal rate. I am using AVCHD (.mts) files. Same format I have used, that I amaware of,since I started using VideoStudio. After fussing with putting things in the timeline to review it for a while (30 min or so) it seems to “fix” itself and everythingruns fine from that point until I close the program.

I can get it to play normal as well if I add a separate audio in the timeline with it. Which is not a problem for the work in progress but trying to run clips from the library so that I can see if its viable for the project just isn’t working. I have even played around with the smartproxy settings with no change. Anyone have any ideas what the problem and possible fix might be?

Participant

Ok, the above was posted after dealing with the issue for over a week, finding a work-around to get a project done. And after built up fustationof “fighting” it for almost four hours yesterday to figure out what went wrong. This morning, as I am enjoying a hot shower, it strikes me that I should try following.

(Running Vista here) Dressed and at the computer I travel through the following Start Button options. Control Panel, Programs and Features, find and click the program, Select Repair.After the repair is done, reinstall any updates/addons you might have. All of twenty minutes later my clips and timeline playbacks are running like normal.

Sometimes it is the simple fixes that escape us.

I posted this for those who might, at some point, have a similar, “Well it didn’t do tht ysterday.”, event with their software.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap