Realtor Profile

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello! Recently I got this sweet gig doing profile videos for a local realty office. I think this looks great, but I’m always wanting to better my craft, so if anyone’s got any pointers, tips, critiques, or advice, I’d be glad to hear them.

thanks!

Kenzo,

Nice job. Good looking commercial with good sound. You needed more images of the houses to cover the ‘talking head’ until you brought her back on-screen at the end. However, if the client dug it, take the check! Keep honing your craft!

Participant

Kenzo,

Wow – I like it – this may be a stupid question but did you do the very subtle zooming in-camera or in post?

Also, was it all artificial light orsome natural?

I really like the slight blur in the edges – or maybe that’s just my eyesight!

Great work!

Participant

Thanks guys. I’m quite happy with how it turned out. This was a re-shoot because she wasn’t happy with how her hair looked the first time. This one is a lot better than the first.

Futball8 – the subtle zooming is done in post. I shot everything at 1080 but edited it on a 720 timeline, so as to be able to do the zooming without sacrificing resolution. There was a bit of natural light coming in from the right, her left. There is also a Lowell spot on her left, and an umbrella diffused Lowell Tota on her right, and a gold reflector in front of her. I really like the soft golden hues that the reflector creates, they’re pretty.

The blurry corners are from a filter I applied – the filter is called “Warm Spot Focus” and is from the program Magic Bullet Looks, which came with my DVX-100b. The filter made it too warm for me, so I desaturated by about 25% and that’s the final look. This was shot with an HMC-150 on the second to lowest quality setting, and her audio is captured with a Sennheiser wireless G-100 wireless lavaliere.

Participant

I’d say just don’t zoom in every time. Static is fine for these. B-roll of her showing a house would help break up the repetitive pace for you. It’s easy enough to stage that stuff.

Participant

Two comments. 1) If you plan to do several videos for a group of realtors, it helps to also do a profile of the neighborhood – ie a short video of why it is a good neighborhood to live in (showcase schools, parks, shopping, etc). So in essence you do a video for each realtor at the company, a profile of the neighborhood, and then, hopefully, a video of each house that is for sale.

2) some of the transitions are quite jarring. It seems that you fade to white. A straigh cut would be better, or a crossdissolve if you have to use a transition.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video editing software — 2021

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap