real time chromakey

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Does anyone have experience with analog video mixers with chromakey capabilities? I’ve played with this in premiere and had good results, but I’m trying to cut down render time and be able to monitor by using an anolog mixer as it’s being fed into a comuter or standalone dvd recorder. Does this sound like it will work?

Inactive

It’s pretty basic stuff. It’s done that way in all sorts of news, and live medias. The only reason peaople do it in post is because the Key color capture can be adjusted for a cleaner alpha channel later and also be used for various situations instead of being locked into your “background” that was chosen in shooting.

Participant

Thanks Jonathan, do you know anything about a Panasonic WJ-AVE7? It is supposed to be very simalar to the WJ-MX30. I purchased one on e-bay, without a manual, thinking it would do what I wanted. I have played with it and the chromakey. The only chromakey I can get is by putting a background on A bus, and ext. cam on B bus, and moving the slider to the middle. Now both images are semi transparent. Surely this is not as good as it gets? Shouldn’t you be able to have both images on the same bus with one superimposed over the other? Maybe my mixer is cheap and doesn’t have this feature? Maybe I’m not doing something right? I have ordered a manual and a video tutorial but the company I ordered from is taking vacation this week so it’ll be awhile before I get them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Inactive

Your mixer should have a Key color selection button, or a factory assigned Key function. You may be able to find the manual online at the manufacturer’s website.. Good luck.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for video production — 2021

Whether you’re recording audio for a commercial, a wedding or your next feature film, you need the best microphone possible.
homicide-bootstrap