I have a home built computer for digital audio recording that I want to utilize as an NLE. I'll be swapping each tweaked installation of XP Pro 32bit using removable drives instead of multi-booting. The specs are as follows:
- MoBo - MSI K9A2 PLATINUM 790FX AM2+
- CPU - AMD|PHENOM 9750 2.4G AM2 65N
- Memory - M2Gx2|GSK F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
- OS Drives - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KSRTL 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s (3 drives, each installed in a Kingwin KF-91-BK removable rack with independent XP Pro installs tweaked specifically for audio, video editing, or photo editing)
- Storage Drives - Seagate HD 500G|ST 7K 16M SATA2 ST3500630AS (three drives: one for audio recordings, one for photos, another for audio samples, and finally, a 750G Seagate drive for video which will prabably end up in a removable rack. Any drive not utilized during a given task is used for "scratch drive"/temp files and/or virtual memory)
- Graphics card - VGA ATI 100-505182 FireGL V3350
- Monitors - ACER|LCD 19" 5MS DVI X193W+BD (a pair for dual monitoring the timeline)
- DVDwr - ASUS|DRW-2014L1T LS SAT
- DVD rom - SONY NEC|DDU1615/B2s BK
- ROSEWILL RC-500 CRADBUS
I feel like the only upgrade needed would be a second FireGL V3350 and a third LCD monitor (Narrowed down to the Acer X233Hbid Black 23" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 40000:1 or the LG W2053TQ-PF Black 20" 2ms GTG 16:9 Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ HDCP Support 300 cd/m2 50000:1, either sells for the same price at Newegg) for viewing full-screen playback of the timeline.
I'll be using Sony Vegas Pro 8 and Adobe CS3 apps for editing. Any suggestions?