Rate My Video!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey Guys,

I am doing a Video for my ELA class about “Global Pollution”… It is not done (Actually i am only in the intro, after i put some more facts, i will fade to black and THEN i will REALLY start my video.)

Any tips, comments and suggenstion would be appreciated!

http://vimeo.com/1847028

Thanks!!!!!

Caio P.

Participant

not bad. Stayconsistentwith your choice of typeface, and stay within the title safe area. I noticed some were hard to read as well. Adding a drop shadow will help separate text from the image.

I feel it could have been cut faster as well.

Inactive

the pacing of the scenes does not fit with the choice of music. there is a bad edit at 0:44. the previous scene appears to restart during the crossfade to the next scene. agree with rob, consitstency with typefaces is crucial to the production. It may work for you, but the countdown was really not necessary IMO. with that particular choice of music, cuts would go a lot better than the crossfades and don’t be so tempted to do fancy effects. it’s the content of the production and how well it’s put together that’s going to get the grade.

Best of luck on your project.

John

Participant

I agree – The music is wrong for the piece. I would go for a non vocal song (unless it’s talking about pollution or conservation).

Also, while you have the drinking water stats up on the screen, you’re showing steaming hot water – I had a disconnect there.

I also thought the countdown at the beginning was not needed unless you tie it to what I think you were trying to say (in that we are running out of time to save the planet). Maybe put some clips/stills behind each number showing pollution as it happens (smoke, water, litter, etc…) and change when the number does.

Inactive

I put the count down becouse i will say a little intro to the video in the ten seconds. yeah, a know that there is a wrong thing at 0:44, but i did everything that i could think of and it wont solve anything! The music was just a “test”. I was going to put the music after the whole video was done (i know i shoundn’t do this, but i REALLY cant find a music to go with the video!) My idea whith tre different letter was to “highlight” each “key word” (Like Pollution, Litter, Global Warming and etc… ).

Thanks for all the help,

Caio P.

Inactive

Ps.: i Know that there are some videos that do not match the text, like in the water pollution part, but it is because i cannot find a water pollution on VIMEO. (I dont want to download youtube videos becouse the quality wound be terrible!!! [‘Cause i am going to play my video in a 30″ TV!])

If you have any website that i could download videos about the planet and pollution, (and free) it would be REALLY, REALLY appreciated!!

Thanks for all the help so far!

Caio P.

Inactive

PSS.: I just tested doing cuts instead of croo fades and it stay toorough… i think i prefer the crossfades.

Participant

I didn’t realize you were grabbing stuff from others to put this together.

If you cannot afford royalty free stock clips, you could look at http://stockfootageforfree.com/ and see if they have anything that meets your needs. You can also get free royalty free stock photos at stock.xchng (you can use Ken Burns effect for motion).

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Choosing the Right Lens: The Ultimate Guide

The best lenses for video — 2020

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap