Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

heyy…. check out my lastest video!

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=0HcX2q9fct8&watch_response

comment.rate.subcribe. please! :]

thanks!

Participant

i think you left all of the pictures up to long. Same with the text, for example, it says “Makes” for an eternity.

And at one point you randomly cut out the music. It seemed like you did that so the viewer could hear the commentator, but you should have just lowered the volume of the music instead of just cutting it out.

Then after that you had some cheesey swirling effect. You actually have a bunch of cheesey effects. Don’t go crazy with effects man. They should have a reason for being there and the reason shouldn’t be “because it’s cool”

Right in the beginning the audio is weird. Commentator says “Nastia Liukin, she scored a 16.3.” I see what you were going for, but it turned out weird. The audio is abrupt in a few spots actually. It does that a lot starting at 2:00 too.

I’m gonna give you 5 stars because Nastia Liukin is hot. So is Alicia Sacramone.

I really like that silhouette shot at 1:27 (i’m guessing you didn’t shoot it though.) I would suggest including more shots of her butt, but she doesn’t really have one.

I would take my crit. and apply it to a new video about all the main members of this years US Woman’s Gymnastics team. They all did very well, and I’ve seen a bunch of these videos on youtube covering the girls individually (none are really any good), but i don’t recall seeing any of them as a group. After all, they are a team.

or

You could make a short documentary-style video defending Alicia Sacramone. Everyone likes to blame her for the US not winning the woman’s all around (which I don’t agree with). I haven’t seen one of those videos yet.

or

Or you can make a video about how the woman’s gymnast team got screwed a bunch of times. I heard Alicia Sacramone should have won the vault hands down (or maybe it was the balance beam), I saw Nastia get a retarded score on a perfect vault during the individual all-around, and I’m sure Shawn Johnson got screwed somewhere. I think it’s kinda funny who everytime they got screwed, it was a Chinese gymnast who seemed to score higher for reasons I, nor the commentators, could see. Haven’t seen any videos about that either…

Just do something new. Everyone keeps making these crappy tribute videos that are all the same, use the same images that are on the screen too long, none really prove their point too well.

Participant

I am only a pre-teen! And have just started making videos……so don’t be rude! I want to see you do one better when you were my age( JustKidding)

Participant

Sorry if I came off as rude. I wasn’t trying to be. You asked for people to rate your video and that’s what I did along with giving you some helpful criticism.

Participant

no..no,,,no! i was kidding about the don’t be rude! I want to see you do one better when you were my age!

Participant

btw…for this video i am workin on…how long should a picture stay up for?

Participant

and the swirling effect was to change it up a bit. and also she was doing the same move on the uneven bars as in the air.

Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvR5TaiMCsE&NR=1

does this have to many effects? (I DIDNT MAKE It)

Participant

i can’t tell you how long to leave a picture on the screen. depends how you use it, the pace of the song, etc. You just have todevelopa feel for editing, which takes time. Just watch TV and do what they do. I feel the best way to learn is to copy others…do what has already been successful.

I understand you wanted to change up your video, but adding effects that serve no purpose doesn’t work.

And yes, I think the video has too many effects. It’s not really about having too many effects, it’s about having effects that serve no purpose. Like, what’s with the hopscotchanimation in that video? I don’t see the relation between hopscotch and gymnastics. Maybe the person who created that video did could make the connection, who knows?

Participant

that’s what i thought! you have help me a ton! thanks!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap