Rainbow effect

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a JVC S-Video VCR without flying erase heads. When I edit my camcorder videos onto a VHS tape, I get a rainbow effect. Previously, this effect lasted a short time at the edit spot. Now the rainbow effect is remaining for the length of the edit (i.e. minutes). Why the change? What can I do about it?
      Ray

Inactive

Thank you so much. Maybe you can help me with another problem. I have a Samsung 5000W Worldwide VCR (multi-system)which converts NTSC signals to other signals such as PAL. When I try to convert my NTSC camcorder tapes to PAL, I get a light and dark picture appearing plus a reddish hue at times. I tested my Samsung 5000W last night by having an NTSC signal from my antenna go directly into the Samsung and the picture was fine. In other words, it is only doing it with camcorder videos.
      Any suggestions? Samsung has been no help. I bought the Samsung specifically for converting to PAL.
      Ray BESt

Inactive

I also have the same problem. It starts from pause or from a stop to record and is a vertical rainbow type that move across the screen and then down. I have not been able to figure out why it does it though.
      Good Luck

Inactive

Thanks

That does help. Now I know why two of my vcr’s does it and not the other. The one is the next model up and it has a flying erase head.
      Can I correct this problem by starting the record from the end of where I have blacked out the first ten seconds of tape? I have just blacked it out and then rewinded it back a few seconds, so that there was not a break in the video.

Thanks Again

Good Luck

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap