“Liquidation”

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Need some advice here. I was filming some canyoning last week, when a few drops of water hit my VX2100 right around the zoom rocker switch. A few minutes later it started zooming on its own, and a few minutes after that the camera quit altogether. I was hoping that a few days with some silica pouches in the pelican case would dry it out, but nothing. Tried the blow dryer trick too.

Have I done something irrepairable? Any tips for what to do next? I am not close to any decent repair places, so I’m looking for some MacGyver type advice if you have any.

Brian

Inactive

you already know the answer, check sony’s site for a repair center near you, i suspect you have fried a board.

John

Inactive

If any electronic device gets wet, the first response is always TURN IT OFF. Then, let it set for a day or two with airflow on it. THEN you can turn it back on to test it out. I agree that you probably shorted out a circuit or three.

Inactive

So little water hit the camera, the thought of turning it off never crossed my mind. Stupid, I know. I ended up sending it to http://www.avrepair.com and Cameron replaced the switch block (zoom and power), the dc jack and battery terminal, reel tables, pinch, idler and a spring. He did a great job (including a thorough and needed cleaning) and I’m back in business.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap