Questions…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      swat791
      Participant

Why are barndoors black?

I was “piddling” around with making some barndoors for a reflector light. All of the ones I have looked at are black. Why not white or chrome type (reflective).

What kind of material is a green/blue screen made of?
      I have some lime green curtains that someone gave me, but the seem to have some yellow color in them so it is harder to key out.

I saw some fluorescent/ chartreuse poly/lyric (spandex type) material that I thought would make a green scree, but I was thinking that it would have “shiny” spots. The idea was to sew two sides and stretch it over a PVC frame. Would a cotton material work better and how “bright” of a green does it need to be?

Would it be harmful to a video camera to use something like “dust-off” periodically to “knock” the dust off and from with in the camera. I was thinking that if you open the tape deck tilt the camera and shoot air into it it will also clear out any dust that may have collected.

How often should you clean your camcorder heads.

I was doing some things around the house today and those questions came to mind

Coreece
      Participant

>Why are barndoors black?

I was “piddling” around with making some barndoors for a reflector light. All of the ones I have looked at are black. Why not white or chrome type (reflective).

The purpose of barn doors is to limit light.I would suspect chome barn doors would create hot spots in the video and also cause an annoying glare in the talent’s eyes.

There are other types of lights and tools used to reflect light and properly illuminate your location…like using scoop lights, cyc lightsand/or umbrellas/reflector boards.

Here is a link to more stuff on lighting:

http://www.mediacollege.com/lighting/

Here is a link that should help you with your other question about green screens:

http://www.mediacollege.com/video/special-effects/green-screen/material.html

Daryl
      Participant

Most of the companies that will sell you a green screen use a muslin material for the green screen

swat791
      Participant

Thanks for your comments…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best video editing software — 2021

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.