Question to aid in preparation

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Besides yourselves, obviously, are there any quote famous American wedding vidographers? I know there are there are very well-known wedding digital photographers, but after a lot of reseach, I only found a couple of wedding videography books (and a $69 DVD) and they didn’t appear from the cover (no pun intended) to be too awe inspiring. Is there anyone’s work you would recommend to study IN ADDITION to the tried and true just shoot over and over method? Just curious…Maybe you guys in WEVA know? (Too much $$$ for me to join at the moment, but it looks like a great organization).

I thank you!

Beth

Inactive

ScriptGirl,

You know one thing that you could do is surf around the internet. Use the various search engines and look for wedding videography. Maybe include your state in there too. This will hook you up to a lot of sites that will maybe have examples. Just click on those and you will get a real good cross section of how people create their projects. Of course you will see all kinds. The things you will want to look for are ideas, camera angles and concepts. That will get you started but really when it comes down to it, its knowing the basic technical aspect which everyone better know going in but after that its the creative artistic expression form the videographer/editor when putting it all together that makes the video unique.

Remember that everyone is different and has their own style or interpretations of doing things. In other words if you gave two different videographers the same exact footage from a wedding and told them to put it together, you will end up with two different versions of which both would undoubtedly turn out really nice.

But as what has been stated several times before, its good olfashion experience that will make one better. πŸ˜‰

RAM

Participant

Bill, that sounds like a great idea. I would love to participate. How about creating a new thread for the contest so people will notice it in case they miss this topic? Also, do you have a deadline in mind?

I would volunteer to be a judge but I would like to enter.

Inactive

compusolver:

Since the original poster was looking for examples of the best wedding videographers, to study and since your post is in reply to that, it could be taken as meaning that experience should take the place of learning. Hopefully, that wasn’t what you meant.

😯 Hummm. I kind of confused as to what you are referring too but it could be just a matter of interpretation.

If you read my whole post, I was merely suggesting in the beginning of it that one way one could find out more about what a wedding video should look like would be by looking at other peoples work. I view this as a part of the learning process. Of course instructional materials could also help in some ways too. In the end all I said is that learning from experience will be the ultimate way to get better. When you combine all of these aspects and add in a little artistic flair, one should be well on their way to becoming a good wedding videographer.

I guess Im sitting here wondering how you can get experience in something from not learning about it first? Thats not at all what I meant. You need both!

RAM

Participant

Not only that but there are alot of videographers out there that have neither training nor skill but have plenty of experience. It’s pretty sad but true.

Participant

Exactly! I think the customers standards are usually very low. Most of the work out there (that I’ve seen) is crap. That’s what they think wedding videography is. Crap for a large fee. That seems to be changing slowly. I look forward to the time when a good, creative, professional wedding video is more important than the photographer. I’ve had alot of customers tell me they are more glad they have my video than the stills (but not until after the fact, of course).

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment β€” 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap